Friday, March 31, 2006

Spring Break

Hola! Everyone!!
I've been repremended for not updating my blogspot sooner. Pardon mwa. I've been a little busy.
First off, we had spring break. Now we had planned this exciting get-a-way for two. Coyote Gulch, not bathing for three days, eating freeze dried Neopolitan (Don calls it Metropolitan) ice cream, etc.

But instead there was a tragedy in our family. Aidan and Racquel's baby died. She was nine months along. So we attended a funeral. Enough said on that.
Don's cousin recieved his endowments a few days after that, because he was getting married the next day.
Then last weekend Don's grandpa (actually his great-uncle, but he never knew his grandpa) had a heart attack, and everyone feared the worst. But he pulled through after some extensive surgery (it was like a 5 bypass surgery, insane.) So, I'm pretty sick of the hospital. My great-grandma Rawson is also dying. Her kidneys failed two weeks ago, so it won't be long.
So, it's been bitter-sweet. we've done a lot of driving and a lot of visiting with family. It's been nice to see everyone, because we're kind-of cut off in Logan.
I'm excited for Conference though, we're going to go to the Conference center with my cousin Shauna and her husband who live up here as well. And then next weekend we're going down to Vegas for a wedding. Whew!! So life is just crazy, and it's nice just to sit down at the computer and sort it all out.
I'm excited for school to get out. I think we have about 6 weeks left, or somewhere around there. In any case, I have spring fever really bad. And I just want to go and play. So, I've made a list of things that I'm going to do when summer starts:
1) wear flip-flops
2)read a novel
3)BBQ
4)stick toes in the sandy beach of Bear Lake
5)Go backpacking at Havasupai
(Don promised me when we got married he'd take me there, and I'm holding him to it---we're planning a trip there A.S.A.P.)
That's all I have so far, I have all of the important things. I realized I really don't have any summer traditions (other than packing all of my stuff into boxes and moving them across the state, and we might even do that again this year, because we're looking at different apartments that are a lot nicer...I'm just weary of leaving our nice, down-to-earth ward and being stuck with a bunch of snots.) So if any of you have any summer traditions, let me know!!
Chao!

'There is no information given by revelation in regard to the status of stillborn children. However, I will express my personal opinion that we should have hope that these little ones will recieve a resurrection and then belong to us. I cannot help feeling that this will be the case.
"When a couple have a stillborn child, we give them all the comfort we can. We have good reasons to hope. "
~Pres. Joseph Fielding Smith, Feb. '06 Ensign

2 comments:

Launi said...

yay erin! you posted again! I'm sorry to hear about all the craziness in your family. hopefully things will start looking up soon.

as far as summer traditions, the only one I have is to sleep in...and I won't even get to do that this year! *curses on working full time* I think you should make it a tradition to visit friends in provo that miss you and love you very much!

Angie said...

how nice to see a new post!
hope your family is doing well.