Thursday, January 03, 2008

Lights, Camera, Action!

So, in case you haven't noticed I haven't posted for an entire semester. Now, this isn't the time for mock faces. It's been one heck of a semester, and when I say "heck" I mean heck. But, luckily we survived, if not barely. Since I'm not even going to attempt to surmise the entire semester I will tell you some of the resent events.
Lights-This Christmas we went to see the lights on temple square, where we were joined by my mom, sister, sister-in-law, mother-in-law and step-father-in-law. Crazy, I know. It's funny how you forget how beautiful it is. It really makes me proud of my Utah roots, too.

Camera-
I turned 24 on the 19th of December. Happy Birthday to me! Actually, I was feeling kind-of glum because #1: I didn't do anything super cool that day in commemoration of the special event, and #2: I'm getting old. How the heck did I get here?? I'm almost a quarter of a century old. Now, I know that might be a silly thing to say, but regardless, I've gotten to that point where I want to stay the same age that I am, or either start going backwards. I have to finish the end of my story, however, and say that my birthday night definitely made up for it. Ashley decorated my bedroom with black crepe paper and balloons, complete with a sign that said, "Because you're so old!" (that's what the pic is of) And then gave me a couple pints of Ben and Jerry's to dr0wn my sorrows with. It worked. Then later Don took me to my favorite restaurant called La Noni, which serves amazing Tuscan Italian food. Soooo good! All -in-all it was a good birthday. So good, in fact, I think I might turn 24 again next year.

Action-

This is a picture of my kitchen. We moved a couple months ago (end of October to be exact) to Millville, Utah. It's about 5 min. south of Logan. This is another reason why I've been to busy to post, that and the FE exam, which I still don't know if I passed...but Don did!! Yeay Don! We found out New Years Eve. And I'm so excited for him! For those of you who aren't familiar with the FE exam it's like the Bar for law students. Other reasons for not posting include a flood in our new apartment, as well as finals. It's been a crazy semester. But, we also have been putting in a kitchen. During this Christmas break Don just barely finished putting in the tile floor, and it looks so good. It's a sight for sore eyes, that's for sure. Although this picture isn't really doing it justice. Right now we're in the process of putting in the cabinets, as you can see. Then we need to finish some electrical work, and make some counter tops, install some appliances, and...presto! Our kitchen will be finished. For someone who likes to bake and cook as much as I do, it seems like it's taking forever. But now I'm to the point that I'm just happy that it's getting done, and coming along so nice. I'll keep you all updated on our kitchen. Don is doing such a great job, and it's wonderful to have a husband who can do things like this.
The semester is starting back up next Monday, Jan. 7th. And hopefully it won't be as brutal. They say that your Junior year is the hardest, so thank goodness that we just finished ours. I have two semesters left, and Don has three if he does the Concurrent program for his Masters, and two if he sticks with his Bachelors and continues to work for Sargent and get his Masters over the next couple of years. Speaking of Sargent, Don got a raise! Yeay!
I will hopefully be going back to UDOT this semester as an intern with benefits. I'll find out in the next month or so if my 95% secure job worked out or not. I'm crossing my fingers because I'm becoming a bitter waitress, and I don't like people half as much as I did when I first started my waitressing career. If I do get the job I'll never have to go back to waitressing again. Well, that's everything in a nutshell! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and New Year! Love and miss you all!

5 comments:

Launi said...

ouch...your semester sounds brutal, dearest. but at least it's over and now you only have two more! hooray!

AubreyJane said...

what's up erin? this is kinda fun to talk to everyone from high school again! your kitchen looks...fun. let's just say i'm glad it's you and not me because i'm not so handy with the tile-installing and such!! i just sell my furniture and i'm good to go. sounds like you're both doing well, though. i think i'm in your parent's ward here, but i don't really know them. anyway, talk to you later

chadrick said...

ok, so that last comment was really from me, not my wife. i'm just a little computery challenged. ok bye.

Niesha said...

FINALLY! I am glad to see that you are still alive and kicking! Happy B-day!

Angie said...

So glad to hear from you!! Your semester sounds really bad. "You're a survivor, you're gonna make it!"