Monday, February 18, 2008

kitchen update

Happy February!
I hope that everyone had as great of a Valentine's Day as I did. We were actually able to eat in our kitchen, which isn't quite done yet, but close enough to move a table into and cover up the construction with candle light. Anyway, last Saturday night we spent the night tiling our counter tops, most of which I placed. I'm so dang proud, because I can barely walk in a straight line let alone lay out tile straight. But it doesn't look half bad, and it's nice that Don can check my work and keep me straight. So, here are some pictures of us tiling. All we have to do now is grout, seal, have the plumber come, and then paint! Yeay! We're so close!

6 comments:

Launi said...

look at you go, super-construction-girl! your powers are mighty indeed.

Niesha said...

It liiks awesome! I love how you angled the floor tile in your kitchen! I wish I would have done that in me house....but yours looks great!

chadrick said...

looks like it's really close to being done! congrats!

Angie said...

very cool. it looks great.

Sharon said...

Erin :) Beautiful and funny Erin. I miss your sweet happy smile. We too have a fixer upper. It is HARD work. I'm very impressed. (Although you would be impressed with me too if you saw me welding a nail gun!)

Launi said...

"um, what's with the chimp and the bug?" i mean, what's with the "baja cruise slideshow" of random pics at the top of your blog? did you really go on a cruise?