This is for all of you Charlie Brown fans out there. This has got to be one of my favorite all time movies. My little nephew Jaden reminds me of Linus. He always carries a blanket around and sucks his thumb. This only makes bless Charles Schultz's name even more. He was genius I tell you, shear genius. And I have a mad crush on Snoopie.
The reason I have this on my blog is because I'm winterizing it. I should probably be winterizing my car first, but this is more fun. And although I'm usually strongly opposed to even listening to Christmas music before December (because when I was in high school due to choir and dance I'd have to start listening before Halloween), this year I'm pretty excited for Christmas. In fact, contrary to my beliefs I found myself listening to carols on Halloween. It's so hypocritical, I'm so embarrassed. I blame that dang Martha Stewart. I was in the grocery store the other day at the check out stand when I spotted a cover of her magazine with little felted stuffed animals and snowflakes and birds. I bought it. And I've been excited ever since, with literal visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. %#@* Martha.
And so, to assuage my hunger for all things Christmas, I've come up with this lovely play list. and at the top is Good 'ol Charlie Brown's Christmas music. Yes, Charlie, Christmas time is here, at least for me.





10 comments:
I have a cush on snoopy too! Your "...cute like Snoopy" I think its grand that you put up charlie brown christmas stuff because I've been craving it ever since you showed me that martha stewart magazine! Well done, the short-stack head.
Oh I love Christmas too and have tuned into 106.5 since about 3 days ago....non-stop Christmas music! Yes yes yes hahahah!!! I'm teaching Tate early that you have to be excited for Christmas, sometimes he trys to sing along, it's funny. I agree Charlie Brown in a classic, love him :) Definitely need to get together, seriously.
i want to get these movies for my kids. i don't want them growing up on shows like *shudder* dora the explorer *shudder*. give me charlie brown, dagnabbit! i talked to someone the other day who didn't know who the great pumpkin was and it almost made me cry. thank you for remembering, shmee! :)
We too love Peanuts! Steve drew a comic about the great pumpkin for his middle school kids and more than half of them had no idea what he was talking about. So sad. Hooray for Charlie Brown. Hooray for Winter!
I always wanted a little piano that i could sit on the floor to play. i love charlie brown!
oh and your photo of the month is so amazing. I love it!
Martha is the Devil! Every Year I see how easy she makes things... and I always get excited to be festive and copy her.... and then it all blows up in my face and nothing goes how I wanted it too...Leaving me saying to myself "next year I'll get christmas cards out and next year..." stupid B@#$h and her "GOOD THINGS"
Whoo.. sorry about that little rant! Anyway... I wanted to also tell you that we found a blow up snoopy laying on his doghouse that goes in your yard on e-bay...but I was out bidded so I got a fat panguin instead. And I thought for Halloween next year I would make Moe dress up as Snoopy and have Elfee be Woodstock. That is how much I too love Snoopy! So your post is AWESOME!
Never heard of this so called "Charlie Brown" huh?
I am usually opposed to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving, but thanks to FM 100, this year the Christmas music started the day after Halloween...Yay!!! I love it and I love Charlie Brown's Christmas too!
Erin, I haven't seen you for so long! How are you? I hear that you are expecting I think we are due at about the same time. How exciting! You know I have never even met you husband, that's is terrible! We definitely need to fix that!
Post a Comment