
Almost four years ago my little niece Madeleine was born. As soon as she could talk, she gave me a new name: Enna. It's a name that fits really well; and I like to think of it as an upgrade. I'm surprised by how well it's caught on: Don uses it, as well as Aubrey, Larry, and even some of my in-laws.
Madi and I had the following conversation last week:
After seeing the ultrasound pictures of my baby on the fridge, Madi asked the following question:
"Is that a baby?"
"Yes it is."
"Enna, is that your baby in your stomach?"
"Um-hmm."
Madi thinks for a moment, and then looks at me seriously with her luminous, black pearl eyes.
"I have a baby, too!" She pats her tummy with her little hand.
"O-oh." I hide a smile and raise my eyebrows. Last week it was a kitty. I don't have the heart to tell her that she doesn't have a baby or a kitty in her tummy. I'll let her mom handle that.
"Yep." She verifies, and then offers some sage advice, "and we can't make the baby cry, or we be so sad."
"Yes. We be so sad," I agree.
I'm so glad I've been upgraded.





3 comments:
oh m'goodness. :) that is so cute.
I'm glad Madi knows not to make the baby cry. I wonder if she realizes Jaden is a baby, because making him cry is one of her favorite things.
I'm not to worried about her having kitties in her tummy. We'll get her colors down first and then work on that one.
I liked your blog. I want a copy for
Madi's personal history.
Love
Aubrey
My email address is kristenweller [at] hotmail [dot] com and my address is PO Box 3156, Ephraim UT 84627. I'd love to come to a shower for you!
Post a Comment