Friday, February 20, 2009

February

The following is a poem I memorized in Mrs. Brineholt's 6th grade class. Days like today make the poem go through my head. Then I get spring fever and curse this blasted snow!!

When

In February there are days,
Blue, and nearly warm,
When horses switch their tails and ducks
Go quacking through the farm.
When everything turns round to feel
The sun upon its back -
When winter lifts a little bit
And spring peeks through the crack.

~Dorothy Aldis


Just a note. As of today I only have a hundred days (and counting) left!! I'm so excited!

[erin's star signature]

2 comments:

McCall said...

I was thinking... do you ever hear from Aub? I know you were neighbors at home, but I wondered if you know how to contact her?

Noah, Nikki and Tristan said...

I have to agree I am so sick of this stinking snow. I am so ready for the warm weather so I can take my little guy outside and play. We are both so tired of being stuck inside.