
I can't believe that I only have about month left until Adelei comes. It seems so surreal. She's definitely changed me, and not just on the outside. I do crazy things because of her, like waddle, giggle in the middle of work meetings when she kicks me, and the pregnant lady squat. And as of this weekend, I have another one:
scrapbooking
Don got me a Cricket for Christmas and I found myself wondering several things. What is it? Can it poke it with a stick? Does he realize that I don't have that gene? It skipped me. Actually, it took one look at me and frantically ran the other way. My mind flashed forward to ten years from now, when I would morosely be looking over hundreds of digital pictures that had never been developed, and obviously never been scraped. It's similar to the feeling you get after you flip through a Victoria's Secret magazine, and realize that even if you ran 10 miles everyday for the rest of your life, you would never look like those freaks of nature. Stupid models. Dang scrapbooking.
Besides from the fact that it depresses me, my rational side also points out that it's like pulling on an unraveling string. You will never be able to stop once you start. There will always be that glitter pen, or that adorable new stamp that you have to have. It's vital to your happiness.
Unfortunately, someone's got to document my daughters growth. And since the prospect of Don doing it is as unlikely as him dancing around in a pink, sequined ballerina tutu, I'm afraid the task falls on me.
So, I am pleadingly calling all scrapbooking divas, I am in desperate need of your help!! And to the rest of you...pray for me.





5 comments:
whaaat?!?! you're 36 weeks? when did that happen? you could have a full-term baby next week!
that's why i'm a digital scrapper! i don't ever have to buy supplies! (and believe me, i used to spend like $30 a month on all of that junk, half of which i never even used). the only thing i ever spend money on is printing out my pages once they're finished. but maybe since you have a cricut you want to put it to good use. honestly, and this is sad, i don't even know what a cricut does! but i'm assuming from your post that it's something to do with scrapbooking... :) anyway, if you want to know more about the digital stuff, you can totally ask me and i'd love to help you get started! it's not hard to get into, and costs nothing if you've already got photoshop or another similar program.
thus endeth my novel of a comment. love you! :)
Don't listen to her Erin! ;) just kidding. You can do it! You have a cricut, and you're a great photographer. You're gonna have a blast!
It's worth it! You can do it! You just have to believe and then just do. And when you look back and think that your pages suck...call me and I will show you mine and you will fill better instantly!
I had fun at your baby shower the other day. Sorry I had to leave early. I am so excited for yall, and I love your pics. I started scrap booking too when I got pregnant by the way, what is up with that ha!
Erin You look absolutely beautiful! Seriously, I wish I looked like that when I was 36 weeks pregnant!
Post a Comment