This title is due to the fact that I have renewed my love for children stories. I've started collecting children's books because I like to read them in Sharing Time now that I work in the Primary. You'd be surprised how Dr. Seuss and P.D. Eastman can teach kids. If I were ever to write a childrens book, I think that I'd use this title; it's pretty snazzy.
I also thought it was time to introduce Floppy Joe, my fish. I'm convinced Floppy Joe doesn't like us, he flares up whenever we approach him. Don claims it's becuase he's a Beta. Beta Shmeta. He just doesn't want to bond. I push his buttons occasionally by holding a mirror up to his bowl out of spite. We tolerate each other. He's Don's stand-in dog.
But enough about Joe.

My other story is about snowboarding. On Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Don and I decided to go boarding with some friends. I'm a beginner, I can count on one hand the number of times I've been. And I don't even need to use hands to tell you the number of times I've carved. I like the snowplow method. Needless to say, it was my second time going to a resort (the first time was literally a decade ago.) I did some smashing acrobatics and tried to do a cartwheel with my face down an absurdly steep slope that probably had a name like, "Black Diamond Death Ride". By the end of my routine I found myself staring into the tranquil sky wondering why half of it was blue and the other half yellow. And then realized that my goggles were broken. At any rate, I learned how to carve.





3 comments:
yay for updates! i am proud that you learned to carve. and that you thought up a clever book title. :)
That's awesome Erin. You should ask Angie about when I took her snowboarding. well it's on our blog from last March...she almost had a nervous breakdown.
you snowboard? how impressive. (and don't ask me about my experience)
You're wonderful! I miss you!
Post a Comment