Monday, August 25, 2008

*Sigh*...

Well, this summer has been grand. But it's over now. Today Don and I went back to the 'ol grindstone. And we have to sell our souls back to the Engineering Gods. So, don't expect a lot of posts for a while, like the next six months. I'm taking 18 credits this last semester, and I'll be working part time for UDOT. However, I don't have to wake up at 4:30am any more like I've been doing all summer (yay!) and I won't have to commute to Ogden, either. I've been transferred to the construction crew in Wellsville, with is great, it means I only have about a 10 minute drive from where we live. Sweet. I just thought that I'd give you the heads up so that when you saw that I hadn't updated you wouldn't be horribly disappointed. I will, however, post a blog or two more before the semester gets too crazy. hahahahahhaha, that means within the next 20 hours or so. I'm reeeally glad that this is our last semester. We've been going way too long. Why didn't I comprehend that an engineering degree is a five year degree and not a simple four?

5 comments:

Launi said...

goooooo erin! rah rah rah! (picture me in a gaudy cheerleader costume with pigtails and shimmer gel on my face, cheering you on!) :) you can do it, babe! you kick that last semester's trash!

Racquel & Aidan Goodwin said...

you poor thing. i'm gonna miss reading your blogs. but i'm glad you are done with the commute. oh and yes aidan is a little weird but i love him anyways.

Vernon Black said...

I know how you feel in more ways than one. I am so much looking forward to being done this semester that it almost distracts me from the task at hand -- which is, of course, the doing.

I guess you could say that I am in pretty much the same boat except I'm only taking 16 credits and my commute is just starting instead of just ending. One more reason to count down to the end of the days in the classroom.

I look forward to seeing you guys in my classes -- speaking of which, I thought I saw you (Erin) in Family Finance, but you were way across the room so I can't be sure.

By the way, my wife and I have finally updated our blog, if you want to take a look at it.

Keep up the good work.

Meagan DeLange said...

Hi Erin! I think that Karl should totally be an engineer as well! I think he would LOVE it : ). What kind of work do you do with UDOT? I'm so glad that you're almost done with school, good job! That's such a great accomplishment. We should do something together sometime!

Niesha said...

Well good luck on the new year! I will miss you until then!