Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Ice Cream and Cake and Cake!!!


Last Wednesday was Don's 28th birthday. And I have to say, he's getting better with age. ;) Mmmhmmm! We celebrated on Sunday with Evan (Ashlee, his better half couldn't be there) and Eric and Kim. Don cooked some amazing ribs that I'm still having day dreams about. I baked our the traditional Goodwin b-day cake, German chocolate, the kind that takes all day and you use literally eight eggs. That's right. Goodness in every bite! Then on Wednesday his fam came all the way up from Mt. Pleasant and helped us celebrate. So he got two birthday parties. He's such a spoiled brat.


Of course he kind-of has had to share his birthday ever since he married me, because my little niece, Madi, was born on the same day. She turned 3. Ashley made her birthday cake, it's more like the Eiffel Tower of cupcakes. It's pretty sweet. Madi looked so cute, blowing out her candles. She got all but a few on the bottom. We all chanted for Don to help her blow them out, at the time he was standing about ten feet away, he took a huge gulp of air and blew out the rest of the candles. I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty impressed. It was like the Big Bad Wolf in real life, however, no little piglets were harmed in the process, or brick houses.

Oh, one last tid-bit of information: Katie (Don's loverly sister and by loverly, I mean loverly.) got glasses. She looks like a savvy business woman, and freakin' cute. If everyone looked as good as Katie does in glasses, I think everyone would wear them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Don. We hope it was great.

Racquel & Aidan Goodwin said...

well happy birthday don and maddy. and no we don't have a name yet so if ya have any ideas.

Anonymous said...

Arik said that the facial hair is sweet.