We have so much pomp it's coming out of our ears.

But we're pretty happy to be graduating after going to school forever.

We also had a lot of support from both families.
Don and his mom, Bruce (my father-in-law) is in the background, I know we took a picture of all of us together but can't for the life of me find it anywhere!! Another picture I'm missing is one of Lily and Jake, (my loverly sister that I got when I married Don, who is also prego...how cool is that??)they were there but I haven't been able to get my hands on a picture of them to prove it.
Annie and Josh also came up, our friends from Manti whom Don has known ever since high school. It was pretty cool to have them there. Josh thinks I'm scared of him. Just because he towers over me, and is twice my size. That would intimidate any one but me, however, because I'm so stinking tiny that it's the same story with everyone I run into. I'm not scared of you Josh.
Mis lovely parentes also came. They don't look very excited in this picture. But let me tell you, they were. My mom's so dang proud, she was one of my biggest supporters when I was going through school. My dad doesn't smile in pictures, unless there's a horse involved. Or an old jeep.
My lovely sisters came as well. Aubrey said it was a huge thing for her since she didn't want to sit through the forever long ceremony at her graduation and didn't walk. Aubrey, glad you came. You would have never been forgiven if you didn't, because I live right underneath you, and would have haunted your dreams. My bro, Austin, also showed up with his new wife and daughter. It was pretty cool.
I just wanted to show a picture of what Don really did during the graduation. I partially blame Evan Howard for this. It's his toy.
And if Evan (pictured above) wouldn't have been playing ping the whole time, Don wouldn't have been tempted. Evan really is a good guy, even if he is an electrical engineer. Civil is so much better. psh.
One last picture showing our fellow graduates. David Benti, the Valedictorian for the College of Engineering, self proclaimed genius who helped me with more than one homework assignment. He's also delusional. And Jeff Forsgren, who is pretty much one of the coolest people we met while at school. On the far right is the most rough-around-the-edges-but-really-a-softy-Italian-yoga-practicing-Geotechnical Engineer that you'll ever meet, Dr. Joe. He has a lot of theories about life, but my favorite is that, "one of the best things you can accumulate in life are kids." I'd have to agree with Dr. Joe.So, thank you to all who were able to come and celebrate with us! And to those of you who weren't able to come, you were missed. And hopefully we'll see you this Holiday Season!!





5 comments:
"we have so much pomp it's coming out our ears!" --- just one of the many reasons i love you so dang much, erin brady. congratulations to both you and don! doesn't it feel magnificent to be done (and kind of surreal)? :)
Random comment:
"(my loverly sister that I got when I married Don, who is also prego...how cool is that??)"
This makes it sound like your sister was one of your wedding gifts, and that Don is pregnant. Both of which would be pretty cool.
But congratulations! Now you're part of the "real world." I hope you can figure out what that means because none of the rest of us have.
so sorry we coulndn't make it. aidan hade to work. he always has to work;( he even has to work christmas eve. we are very proud of you both. we didn't know don was graduating no one tells us anything. oh well what can ya do.
Hooray for graduating! And for pomp coming out of your ears! And for cute little babies on the way! (For you- of course- not me. Oh no. Not me.)
Congrats to you guys. We are so proud. What now? Arik is jealous that you guys are actually finished.
Post a Comment