“[Twenty]-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained [twenty]-five for years.”Yesterday I turned twenty-five. And I made a very important decision. I will never be older than twenty-five. I also got several others, whose names will remain anonymous, to join me in this decision. I think I can get away this; the Philippino blood running through my veins acts as my own personal, yet somewhat diluted "fountain of youth". This makes it so that most people that I meet still think that I'm in my teens. And while this has always been an annoying thing that I've had to deal with, I'm finally at the point where it can pay off. I only had to wait to turn a quarter of a century old for it to happen.
~Lady Bracknell, The Importance of Being Earnest
But all this aside, here are some things that made me happy on my b-day:
This was my favorite b-day gift, courtesy of Ashlee and Evan Howard. The reason: this is necessary for the development of my future child!
This was also my birthday cake:I don't think that you can get much better than creme brulee. It makes me extremely giddy every time I eat/inhale one.
So, in light of yet another survived birthday, I have decided that Lady Bracknell was an extremely savvy person, and I would urge every woman to take her advice.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Lady Bracknell and I
Labels:
b-day,
Charlie Brown,
creme brulee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






![[erin's star signature]](http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3230/3048671754_d0e3f03290.jpg?v=0)
4 comments:
happy birthday! aidan had bridger call i don't know why he didn't say anything but if you got a weird phone call yesterday that was us wishing you a happy b-day.
sounds like a plan. i'm in....twenty-five is a good age to stay at, i think.
Happy Day to you!!! I am 23 and I think I pass for 27... so I like the thought of staying 25. Does that make sense? Also...congrats on graduating... that must be the ultimate birthday gift!
Happy Birthday! That's great, if you are 25 forever, I will catch up next year then stay 25 too! Hooray. Congrats on graduating. Way to go!
Post a Comment